Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Driving Tip

I've driven in three states that have bad drivers. Louisiana drives bad and gets mad when you drive bad too. Georgia has bad drivers too, but they all seem to know they're bad drivers and don't get mad when you drive bad too. "Oh, that car cut me off...but I probably did the same to him back there, so all right then."

Alabama's in the middle. You don't fear for your life but they're not too forgiving.

Anyway, this has happened to me twice the last week. Using a median turnaround spot - you know, those cutouts in the median where you can get in the otherbound lane - it's a damn good idea to wait until the other lanes are totally clear, not just the closest lane to you. I've seen cars pass from the right lane into the spot I would have pulled out into without checking to see if I was pulling out, which would have made for a nice little wreck.

Just a handy tip.

No comments: